jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Which RepositoryFactory for WebDAV?]
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:15:03 GMT
Kenneth Yue wrote:
> Is a javax.naming.spi.ObjectFactory implementation similar to
> org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepositoryFactory planned? Please
> consider doing it.  That would make my life (and my users' lives) much
> easier.  :-)

JSR 283 does not mandate that javax.jcr.RepositoryFactory extends from
javax.naming.spi.ObjectFactory. The EG decided that there should be a factory
that is independent of JNDI.

It would certainly make sense to have RepositoryFactory implementations also
implement ObjectFactory. Feel free to create a JIRA issue. It should be too
complicated to implement. patches welcome ;)

> I can't believe I'm the only one asking for it!

well, the class was just added a couple of days ago. I guess you're the first
one using it...

regards
 marcel