jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kenneth Yue <Kenneth....@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Which RepositoryFactory for WebDAV?]
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 21:29:42 GMT
Angela Schreiber wrote:
> hi kenneth
>
>> I would really appreciate if you could do that ASAP.  How much effort
>> does that require?  Thanks.
>
> i added an initial draft to the client module with
> rev. 722416
>
> see
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1890
> for a very rough summary.
>
> note: you have to update the jackrabbit trunk as well.
> the factory interface i used has just been added by
> marcel on friday (Revision: 721387, Issue JCR-1834).

Thank you very much for checking this in.  I tried it with

   <Resource name="jcr/repository"
             auth="Container"
             type="javax.jcr.Repository"
             factory="org.apache.jackrabbit.client.RepositoryFactoryImpl"

org.apache.jackrabbit.repository.spi2dav.url="http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit/server/"/>

and got

Message: Could not create resource factory instance
Cause: javax.naming.NamingException: Could not create resource factory
instance [Root exception is java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.jackrabbit.client.RepositoryFactoryImpl cannot be cast to
javax.naming.spi.ObjectFactory]

So how do I use this?

FYI, for a workaround, I've been using RMI and this works great:

   <Resource name="jcr/repository"
             auth="Container"
             type="javax.jcr.Repository"

factory="org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepositoryFactory"
             url="rmi://localhost:1099/jackrabbit.repository"/>

Thanks again.

Ken