jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From GuyPardon <...@atomikos.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 + Jackrabbit + transactions
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 17:16:40 GMT

Hi,

slandelle wrote:

>> It is my understanding that something like Atomikos
>> is an implementation of the JTA and could be used as that manager but it
>> is unclear how to coordinate that piece and Jackrabbit

Just do the following:

-start a JTA transaction
-get the current transaction from the TransactionManager instance
-enlist the XAResource(s)
-do your transactional work
-commit the JTA transaction

The Atomikos JTA is Apache-licensed and can be used without any problems in
Jackrabbit. There is nothing to configure really, just about everything can
be based on defaults.

Best
Guy

http://www.atomikos.com