jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JackRabbit client / server
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:30:51 GMT
Hi Antoine,

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:15 AM, alarcher <antoinelarcher@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I need to run it on 2 separated JVM, so I'm going to use the RMI solution.
> I thought there was some kind of web services or servlets, I noticed the
> projet jackrabbit-servlets but it seems to be only servlet context binding
> of Repository objects....

The Sling project [1] provides a RESTful interface to execute most JCR
operations (and we're probably willing to add those that are missing).
I haven't followed your discussions so I'm not sure if it fits for
your use cases but you might want to have a look - and/or ask on the
Sling dev list if you think that might help.

There are not much docs on that ATM, the simplest example might be the
mini-blog code of my ApacheCon presentation, at [2] - running this
will give you an idea of how that interface works.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/sling
[2] http://grep.codeconsult.ch/2008/11/05/free-sling-polo-shirts/