jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: accessing repository with webdav?
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:03:29 GMT
Hi Wolfgang!

This depends on your operating system. In Mac OS X and (most Linux
AFAIK) mounting webdav as a filesystem is built-in. In Windows
however, you can only browse the WebDAV in the explorer (just like
ftp:), but most programs can't work on those files as Windows passes
them the pure WebDAV URL (http://....). There are third-party
applications for Windows to mount a drive as a true filesystem, but I
don't know which one is the best.

For the Jackrabbit webapp running on port 8080, this would be the webdav URL:

http://server:8080/<war resource>/repository/<workspace>

so typically:

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:12 AM, Kurz Wolfgang <wolfgang.kurz@gwvs.de> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I wrote a little application that lets me store Articles and Documents
> in Jackrabbit.
> It works just fine but someone now told me that i could mount the
> Repository onto my filesystem via webdav tob e able to quickly exchange
> the documents.
> I have no idea how i would do something like that:-(
> I have installed the Jackrabbit WebApplication and on that user
> interface it says soemthing about webdav and i can browse the repository
> there but i cant exchange the files or anything.
> Do i need a special webdav client?
> Can someone please tell me what i am missing or point me to somewhere to
> read up on this topic?
> Thx a lot in advance!
> Kurz Wolfgang

Alexander Klimetschek