jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: content removal
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 12:54:26 GMT
AFAIK the datastore garbage collector is not part of the jackrabbit
api (casting to SessionImpl is always kind of a hack...) and hence it
does not work over RMI because the client stubs are not present for
the gc method.

Regards,
Alex

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Virtual Light <virtuallight@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a repository that I have set up with a DataStore.  I am getting a reference to
the repository via RMI.  When I try and remove the content and start GC as outlined in the
Wiki for a DataStore to remove unused entries I am getting the following error
> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientXASession
>    at com.elsevier.jackrabbit.client.JackrabbitClient.removeAllNodes(JackrabbitClient.java:139)
>    at com.elsevier.jackrabbit.client.JackrabbitClient.main(JackrabbitClient.java:72)
>
> Do I need to start GC from my client or is this being handled in the server side code?
 If it is up to the client to kick off what SessionImpl is needed?

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com