jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Repository access and other questions
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 12:05:48 GMT
Hi!

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 1:30 AM, virtuallight <virtuallight@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have been taking a look at Jackrabbit for a project that we have coming down the road
and have a few questions.  Is their a restful way to access a repository?  I have looked at
the what was contained in the servlet jar but did not see anything that fit the bill.  I have
played around with the WebDav access but I think this will be too slow for our purposes.
I have also looked at Sling but feel that it is too immature at the moment for our use.
Has anyone attempted to create restful access?  Also has anyone had any luck with using a
web service to access a repository?

Sling is already very mature, although it might not look like that
because it is still an incubator project ;-) Sling is being used in a
major commercial product from Day Software which ensures its stability
and scalability.

Regards,
Alex

--