jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Boni Gopalan \(BioImagene\)" <Bon...@bioimagene.com>
Subject RE: Annotating a java.io.File type field in OCM
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 05:51:36 GMT
Fard:

Use org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.atomictypeconverter.impl.
UndefinedTypeConverterImpl as your converter.  It should resolve the
issue you are facing.

<pre>
@Field(converter=UndefinedTypeConverterImpl.class)
</pre>

Thanks
boni

-----Original Message-----
From: Fard [mailto:maurice.fard@gmail.com]
Sent: 14 November 2008 20:03
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Annotating a java.io.File type field in OCM

Hello Christophe,

As I explained the type of the field is java.lang.Object but I assigned
String type variable to it. This variable could be any primitive type or
any
type I had created. On the other hand I used @Field Converter and I got
the
below error as i expected because when I use @Field Converter for a
field
the type of that field should be one of Atomic Type but the type is
java.lang.Object. Is it any way that I solve my problem.

Regards
Maurice Fard

Start the tutorial ...
Insert a press release in the repository
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.exception.RepositoryException: null; nested
exception is
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.exception.IncorrectAtomicTypeException: No
registered converter for a field based on the class :'class
java.lang.Object'
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.exception.IncorrectAtomicTypeException: No
registered converter for a field based on the class :'class
java.lang.Object'
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.atomictypeconverter.impl.AtomicTypeCon
verterProviderImpl.getAtomicTypeConverter(AtomicTypeConverterProviderImp
l.java:73)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.SimpleFieldsHelpe
r.getAtomicTypeConverter(SimpleFieldsHelper.java:333)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.SimpleFieldsHelpe
r.storeSimpleField(SimpleFieldsHelper.java:264)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.SimpleFieldsHelpe
r.storeSimpleFields(SimpleFieldsHelper.java:230)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.ObjectConverterIm
pl.insert(ObjectConverterImpl.java:223)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.beanconverter.impl.DefaultBeanConverte
rImpl.insert(DefaultBeanConverterImpl.java:53)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.ObjectConverterIm
pl.insertBeanFields(ObjectConverterImpl.java:810)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.ObjectConverterIm
pl.insert(ObjectConverterImpl.java:224)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.ObjectConverterIm
pl.insert(ObjectConverterImpl.java:153)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.impl.ObjectContentManagerImpl.insert(O
bjectContentManagerImpl.java:406)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.Main.startTutorial(Main.java:60)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.Main.main(Main.java:134)

Christophe Lombart wrote:

> Because @Bean cannot be used with primitive types (or their wrapper
> classes). You should use @Field.
>

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 15:52, Fard <maurice.fard@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi Christophe,
>>
>> Thank you for replay. I have another problem that I could not solve
it.
>> One
>> of my field has java.lang.Object type and I would like to map it. I
>> downloaded second tutorial code sample "How to map associations
between
>> objects" and I added one field to Author class as Object type and I
used
>> Bean Converter for it
>>
>>        @Bean private Object value;
>>                 { setter and getter }
>>
>> In the startTutorial method of Main class I added
>>
>>        String value = new String("This is a value for Object.");
>>        pressRelease.getAuthor().setValue(value);
>>
>> As you Know Author class is a field of PressRelease class that has
the
>> Bean
>> Converter.
>>
>> I got the below error. I hope there is a solution for this problem.
>> Thanks
>> for any help.
>>
>> Regards
>> Maurice
>>
>> Start the tutorial ...
>> Insert a press release in the repository
>> Exception in thread "main"
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.exception.RepositoryException: null; nested
>> exception is

org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.exception.IncorrectPersistentClassException:
>> Class
>> of type: java.lang.String has no descriptor.

org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.exception.IncorrectPersistentClassException:
>> Class
>> of type: java.lang.String has no descriptor.
>>        at

org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.mapper.impl.AbstractMapperImpl.getClassDescrip
torByClass(AbstractMapperImpl.java:203)
>>        at

org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.ObjectConverterIm
pl.insertBeanFields(ObjectConverterImpl.java:810)
>>        at

org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.ObjectConverterIm
pl.insert(ObjectConverterImpl.java:224)
>>        at

org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.beanconverter.impl.DefaultBeanConverte
rImpl.insert(DefaultBeanConverterImpl.java:53)
>>        at

org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.ObjectConverterIm
pl.insertBeanFields(ObjectConverterImpl.java:810)
>>        at

org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.ObjectConverterIm
pl.insert(ObjectConverterImpl.java:224)
>>        at

org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.ObjectConverterIm
pl.insert(ObjectConverterImpl.java:153)
>>        at

org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.impl.ObjectContentManagerImpl.insert(O
bjectContentManagerImpl.java:406)
>>        at org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.Main.startTutorial(Main.java:60)
>>        at org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.Main.main(Main.java:134)
>>

>> Christophe Lombart wrote:
>> >
>> > JCR doesn't support java.io.File but you can create a utility
method to
>> > get
>> > the InputStream from a File.
>> > InputStream is supported in Jackrabbit OCM.
>> >
>> > Christophe

>> it

Nabble.com.