jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Boni Gopalan \(BioImagene\)" <Bon...@bioimagene.com>
Subject RE: an alternative OCM (Object Content Mapping)
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:29:46 GMT
OCM supports annotations and XML mappings.  And it supports custom converters for simple types,
Beans and collections.  The only disagreement I have with the design is the need to carry
'path' as part of the bean that I want to persist.

Btw: I was the one to whom Fabian had suggested the wrapper class approach.  Unfortunately
I was not able to cheat persistence layer to think that something is persistable only because
it came wrapped in a 'Serializable' blanket.  So that wrapper solution does not really work
with JCROM. : Just FYI

Thanks
boni

-----Original Message-----
From: Fabián Mandelbaum [mailto:fmandelbaum@gmail.com]
Sent: 11 November 2008 15:28
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: an alternative OCM (Object Content Mapping)

Hello Boni,

    even this answer wasn't directed to me, please let me answer to it.

    I believe that the best/superior/whatever tool is the one that does
the job the way you want it.

    OCM is the most complete, official, sofisticated,
add_more_adjectives_here, JCR OR mapping solution, but JCROM looks far
simpler and is based on annotations, which is a great thing for people
coming from other OR mapping solutions (like Hibernate) because it makes
things more "familiar", which is always a big plus for development.

Boni Gopalan (BioImagene) escribió:
> Fabain : Runtime every generic will be an Object and ONLY of type java.lang.Object.
It is not a problem with jackrabbit-ocm but a result of the way generics is implemented in
Java.  However you will be able to map out the object exactly the say you want to map it our
by using the right converter (Bean Converter or Collection Converter) available with jackrabbit-ocm.
 If none is fitting your requirements writing one is very simple too.  Why don't you lay out
your exact requirements I will be able to help you with it.  I am in the thick of a jackrabbit-ocm
based persistent storage implementation and I am effextively using a generic dao (AbstractDao<T>)
just like the one JCROM has.  There is absolutely any doubt that jackrabbit-ocm is superior
to any JCR OR mapping tools available currently.