jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Boni Gopalan \(BioImagene\)" <Bon...@bioimagene.com>
Subject RE: an alternative OCM (Object Content Mapping)
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 05:03:34 GMT
Sorry : It was meant to be , To : Fard !

-----Original Message-----
From: Boni Gopalan (BioImagene) [mailto:Boni.G@bioimagene.com]
Sent: 11 November 2008 09:55
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: RE: an alternative OCM (Object Content Mapping)

Fabain : Runtime every generic will be an Object and ONLY of type java.lang.Object.  It is
not a problem with jackrabbit-ocm but a result of the way generics is implemented in Java.
 However you will be able to map out the object exactly the say you want to map it our by
using the right converter (Bean Converter or Collection Converter) available with jackrabbit-ocm.
 If none is fitting your requirements writing one is very simple too.  Why don't you lay out
your exact requirements I will be able to help you with it.  I am in the thick of a jackrabbit-ocm
based persistent storage implementation and I am effextively using a generic dao (AbstractDao<T>)
just like the one JCROM has.  There is absolutely any doubt that jackrabbit-ocm is superior
to any JCR OR mapping tools available currently.

Thanks
boni