jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Boni Gopalan \(BioImagene\)" <Bon...@bioimagene.com>
Subject RE: deployment models
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 04:17:19 GMT
If you are using TransientRepository then multiple parallel connections
are not possible.   I am using a deployment model where the repository
is wrapped as an RMI Server and this RMI Server is exposed through the
JNDI.  The client sessions looks up this instance through the JNDI.

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJBoss

thanks
boni

-----Original Message-----
From: Virtual Light [mailto:virtuallight@hotmail.com]
Sent: 06 November 2008 23:37
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: deployment models

        Is it possible to have multiple servers all pointing to and
accessing one repository?  It appears that there can be only one server
that accesses the repository which can have multiple clients.  We are
looking at Jackrabbit as a possible solution for a high volume binary
content repository where we would need to have multiple servers for fail
over purposes all sitting behind a load balancer accessing the same
repository.  When more than one server attempts to access the repository
an error is generated stating that the repository is locked.  Have I
missed something?  Is there a way around the locking situation?

Thanks in advance for any info.
Bill