jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "virtuallight" <virtualli...@hotmail.com>
Subject Repository access and other questions
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 00:30:47 GMT
I have been taking a look at Jackrabbit for a project that we have coming down the road and
have a few questions.  Is their a restful way to access a repository?  I have looked at the
what was contained in the servlet jar but did not see anything that fit the bill.  I have
played around with the WebDav access but I think this will be too slow for our purposes.
I have also looked at Sling but feel that it is too immature at the moment for our use.
Has anyone attempted to create restful access?  Also has anyone had any luck with using a
web service to access a repository?

How does Jackrabbit perform under heavy loads?  The system that we would be looking at using
Jackrabbit with would have many readers and potentially many writers.  Peak hour access would
be somewhere in the neighbor hood of 900K + hits.  Is anyone out there using Jackrabbit in
a high volume setting?

And my final question.  We have a concern about scalability.  From the deployment models it
would seem that we are looking at model 3.  How does this work if I have multiple Jackrabbit
servers behind a load balancer mounted to the same repository?  I am still learning to walk
with this but think I have seen enough to see my areas of concern.  Any feedback appreciated.

Regards,
Bill