jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Julio Castillo" <jcasti...@edgenuity.com>
Subject RE: [Fwd: Which RepositoryFactory for WebDAV?]
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 18:24:25 GMT
Angela,
I was following this thread and would think it would be very helpful if you
can put a RepositoryFactory in the spi2dav sandbox.

Thanks

** julio

-----Original Message-----
From: Angela Schreiber [mailto:anchela@day.com]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 1:32 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Which RepositoryFactory for WebDAV?]

> That's what I'm trying to avoid.  Are they at least available on a
> Maven repo somewhere?

hopefully not. sandbox projects are not released and i would be surprised if
someone you put a snapshot to to a public available maven repo.

if, however, you think the spi2dav sandbox project should be put into a
common release cycle, feel free to open an jira issue for that.

> I saw that too, but I don't want "to test the WebDAV remoting" as
> mentioned in the README; I want to use it.

fair enough. but currently it is in the sandbox, there is not automated
testing installed and i can't promise you that everything works smoothly.

if you can live with that, feel free to use it.
bug reports and requests for improvement are welcome.

> [...] The ideal solution would
> be like org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepositoryFactory where
> I just configure it in my context.xml with the URL it needs and my
> code to lookup up the Repository object from JNDI doesn't need to
> change.  Does such RepositoryFactory exist?

at Day we are having a RepositoryFactory to obtain a jcr2spi Repository
based on an extended version of the webdav remoting.

i can put a similar factory for spi2dav to the sandbox, if you want me to.
up to now this simply didn't have too much priority.

hope that helps
angela