jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: Some questions when large data sets exists
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 13:49:59 GMT
On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 1:47 PM, lujie <lj_ph@126.com> wrote:

> Hi stefan ,
>    Thanks for your kind reply.
>    Actually i have 2 main questions about JR.
>    1. The accessmanager's performance. See i have 10000 nodes for query, i
> know there only fifty nodes that i have access to read. But in the worst
> situation, the fifty nodes is count between 8000 to 8050. So,i have to
> iterator to skip previous 7999 nodes to get the actual result, the skipping
> is not just without loading the node, because accessmanage must check the
> access right.
>        what i'm doing is using xpath such as @jcr:contains("reader
> access","admin") to avoid loading much nodes. But you see, this is not a
> usual way.

as i already mentioned, i don't feel competent in access control questions.
maybe somebody else can answer your question...

>    2. The property loading performance. Even if i have this 50 nodes, when
> i want to load it's sub sub nodes trying to get some properties, then the
> persistenceManger have to load more 50*2 nodes to get these properties. so i
> say, jackrabbit lacks the ability to list child nodes and properties for a
> given node in an efficient way.

sorry, i am not sure i can follow you here. are you saying that you want to
be able to access the n-th descendant of a given node without accessing
the n-1 intermediary nodes?  jackrabbit does resolve a node path by traversing
the path and accessing every intermediary node along the path. however,
jackrabbit provides a very effective and efficient internal cache in order to
minimize access to the persistence layer.

if you want to directly access a node you can use its uuid (assuming it is
a referenceable node).

cheers
stefan