jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: Some questions when large data sets exists
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 10:04:36 GMT
hi lujie

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 1:36 AM, lujie <lj_ph@126.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>   Maybe this question is somewhat stupid.
>   But for business usage, the situation is very common. In jsr 283, the acl
> control is  an option choice, but in  jackrabbit the acl control is finally
> guarded by the accessManager.  So, it is a must to use jackrabbit's
> accessmanager?
>   But jackrabbit lacks the "view" to list child nodes and some properties
> for a given node in an efficient way. we must iterate the node, and for
> access check, if we load a node and find that this node is denied by the
> accessmanager, the work is just a waste.
>   So,my oponion is , jackrabbit lacks the ability to list child nodes and
> properties for a given node in an efficient way.

not sure i correctly understand your problem.

from the top of my head:
every node stores a list of child node entries (i.e. name/id pairs). the
child node entries are filtered at runtime while iterating over child nodes,
i.e. the id's are passed to the AccessManager to check the permissions
*before* the child node is loaded. at least that's how it used to be.

maybe angela can provide more information on the current implementation.

cheers
stefan