jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Marc Speck" <marcsp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secured reverse proxy for WebDav
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:52:01 GMT
On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>wrote:

> Marc Speck wrote:
>
>> What do you mean with "absolute paths inside <href> elements"? Could you
>> give me one hint more?
>>
>> Do you suggest to make hrefPrefixes a fixed configuration setting? In that
>> case I'd prefer a dynamic solution for handling virtual hosts.
>>

> I thought the issue where absolute URIs with incorrect hostnames in content
> (such as in multistatus). The simplest fix for that would be not to have the
> hostnames there in the first place.

Ah, got it. If this works, it's also a fine solution for me. The only reason
I did not consider suggesting it was that I'm afraid of WebDav-clients
incompatibility for relative paths in content. With my  limited experience
of WebDav-clients I'd say the quality of implementations varies greatly what
makes every change in the server behavior a major risk. If you are confident
that relative paths are fine for most clients (whatever that means), this is
a better solution.

Marc