jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Posts on JCR and Jackrabbit
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:05:30 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Boni Gopalan (BioImagene)
<Boni.G@bioimagene.com> wrote:
> RepositoryUtil.logout(...) takes in parameter 'String sessionId' , not
> 'String userName'.  SessionID is an UUID generated and mapped into
> SessionWrapper.

Ah, you're right. I was mislead by the keying of the session map by
the username. Why not key it directly with the UUID?

> different ) is tested.  RepositoryUtil, as such will evolve as I build
> through the application.  Currently, each call to login() will return a
> unique SessionWrapper and as per implementation the application can
> either call logout() to release the resources or the resource releasing
> will happen when VM invokes finalize() on the SessionWrapper.  I will
> not call the finalize() strategy robust but that is what I have now :-)

OK, Jackrabbit currently doesn't use finalize().

However, aren't there references in RepositoryUtil to all
SessionWrapper instances, preventing them from being garbage
collected? Note that finalize() is by default *not* run when the VM
exits; it's only run before an instance is collected as garbage.

BR,

Jukka Zitting