jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Select all leafs of a tree w/XPath
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:46:13 GMT

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Sergey Podatelev
<brightnesslevels@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for answers.Ivan, I think I should go with an
> extra-property method since speed is important for my purposes.

Note that if your only search criteria is "leaf node", then simply
traversing the tree is the fastest way to find all the nodes you are
looking for. In any reasonably shaped content model the majority of
all nodes will be leaves, and search will only be faster than
traversal when your query targets a notably smaller subset of your
content tree.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message