jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Johannes Boneschanscher <jackrab...@boneschanscher.net>
Subject RepositoryException failed to resolve name of <UUID>
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 21:50:23 GMT
Does anyone know why on a particular query we always get this exception?

Caused by: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed to resolve name of
25a3e325-815c-4e23-8b0d-48acb9869d7e
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.HierarchyManagerImpl.getName(HierarchyManagerImpl.java:451)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.CachingHierarchyManager.getName(CachingHierarchyManager.java:285)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.getName(NodeImpl.java:1931)
        at
org.customer.vi.dpvi.myapp.jcr.security.jackrabbit.RubriceringAccessManager.isGranted(RubriceringAccessManager.java:174)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.QueryResultImpl.getResults(QueryResultImpl.java:303)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.QueryResultImpl.<init>(QueryResultImpl.java:192)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:138)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:176)
        at
org.customer.vi.dpvi.myapp.service.impl.jcr.JcrVidiServiceImpl$2.doInSession(JcrVidiServiceImpl.java:264)
        at
org.customer.vi.dpvi.myapp.service.impl.jcr.JcrVidiServiceImpl.execute(JcrVidiServiceImpl.java:2051)
        ... 78 more

This is what I understand from it (reading the stacktrace bottom up):

On executing a query, which is handled by Lucene, while retrieving the
results, it tries to find a Node name,
presumably because it only has it's UUID from some search index.

We have a clustered JackRabbit configuration, meaning multiple cluster
nodes share the same database datastore,
but each node has it's own Lucene indexes on disk.
For failover purposes these indexes are on a network share, which
recently became unavailable, causing all searches to fail.

After restarting the application server nodes which are serving
JackRabbit and our customers application everything seems
fine except above mentioned problem.

What can/should we do to fix it?

Regards,

Johannes