jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kenneth Yue <Kenneth....@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Which RepositoryFactory for WebDAV?]
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:51:48 GMT
Angela Schreiber wrote:
>> That's what I'm trying to avoid.  Are they at least available on a
>> Maven repo somewhere?
> hopefully not. sandbox projects are not released and i
> would be surprised if someone you put a snapshot to
> to a public available maven repo.

OK, then, I'll just build them myself.

> if, however, you think the spi2dav sandbox project
> should be put into a common release cycle, feel free to
> open an jira issue for that.

Will do.

>> I saw that too, but I don't want "to test the WebDAV remoting" as
>> mentioned in the README; I want to use it.
> fair enough. but currently it is in the sandbox, there
> is not automated testing installed and i can't promise
> you that everything works smoothly.

That's fine.  I'm not doing anything fancy, just simply reading and
writing attributes and node data (no versioning, no locking).  As long
as the basic functionality works, I don't mind the code having some bugs
here and there.

> if you can live with that, feel free to use it.
> bug reports and requests for improvement are welcome.
>> [...] The ideal solution would be like
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepositoryFactory where I just
>> configure it in my context.xml with the URL it needs and my code to
>> lookup up the Repository object from JNDI doesn't need to change.
>> Does such RepositoryFactory exist?
> at Day we are having a RepositoryFactory to obtain a jcr2spi
> Repository based on an extended version of the webdav
> remoting.
> i can put a similar factory for spi2dav to the sandbox,
> if you want me to. up to now this simply didn't have too
> much priority.

YES, PLEASE, ASAP!  As I said above, it doesn't have to be perfectly
stable/robust, as long as the basic best-case scenario works.

> hope that helps

Definitely.  Thanks again for your time.

View raw message