jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Access control on property level?
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:49:00 GMT
hi roland

> Could You direct me to a place where i can find more documentation,

no documentation so far.

> about the supported restrictions in Jackrabbit?

the list of restrictions depends on the implementation
you are using.

the acl implementation that is stored with the access controlled
node doesn't accept any restrictions up to now.
the acl implementation from the principalbased packages allows
to define a simple glob... as i said still in a draft version
as you might have seen from the TODOs in the code.

however, you may also create your own implementation that fits
your needs. in any case the ACL/ACE implementation is always
coupled with the access control provider that is responsible
for the permission evaluation.

> How could i configure a repository to use
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.authorization.principalbased.ACLTemplate
> ?

you can define for each workspace which ac provider to use.
-> workspaceConfig -> workspaceSecurityConfig -> AccessControlProvider

regards
angela