jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Which RepositoryFactory for WebDAV?]
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:32:18 GMT

> That's what I'm trying to avoid.  Are they at least available on a Maven
> repo somewhere?

hopefully not. sandbox projects are not released and i
would be surprised if someone you put a snapshot to
to a public available maven repo.

if, however, you think the spi2dav sandbox project
should be put into a common release cycle, feel free to
open an jira issue for that.

> I saw that too, but I don't want "to test the WebDAV remoting" as
> mentioned in the README; I want to use it.

fair enough. but currently it is in the sandbox, there
is not automated testing installed and i can't promise
you that everything works smoothly.

if you can live with that, feel free to use it.
bug reports and requests for improvement are welcome.

> [...] The ideal solution would
> be like org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepositoryFactory where I
> just configure it in my context.xml with the URL it needs and my code to
> lookup up the Repository object from JNDI doesn't need to change.  Does
> such RepositoryFactory exist?

at Day we are having a RepositoryFactory to obtain a jcr2spi
Repository based on an extended version of the webdav
remoting.

i can put a similar factory for spi2dav to the sandbox,
if you want me to. up to now this simply didn't have too
much priority.

hope that helps
angela