jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kenneth Yue <Kenneth....@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Which RepositoryFactory for WebDAV?]
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 21:30:59 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the (simple) WebDAV server part of Jackrabbit is already very useful
> on its own for mounting a repository as a filesystem and
> reading/writing files into it.

Agreed, but that isn't what I'm looking for.

> Regarding the SPI: For the SPI -> WebDAV you have to manually build
> the project for yourself from the sandbox (which is plain SVN:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/sandbox/); the spi2dav
> project is at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/sandbox/spi/spi2dav/

That's what I'm trying to avoid.  Are they at least available on a Maven
repo somewhere?

> Note that I haven't used it myself and it might not be very stable
> (Angela?). There is a readme with some tips:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/sandbox/spi/README.txt

I saw that too, but I don't want "to test the WebDAV remoting" as
mentioned in the README; I want to use it.  That inevitably requires me
to copy the test code and write my own client.  The ideal solution would
be like org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepositoryFactory where I
just configure it in my context.xml with the URL it needs and my code to
lookup up the Repository object from JNDI doesn't need to change.  Does
such RepositoryFactory exist?  Am I just dreaming?  :-)

> Hope that helps,

Hmm, to be honest with you, not much.  :-)

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

Ken