jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kenneth Yue <Kenneth....@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Which RepositoryFactory for WebDAV?]
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:45:44 GMT
Thanks for your reply, but you misunderstood me.  :-)

I want to use JNDI to obtain a Repository object (no dependency on a
particular JSR170 implementation) in my webapp and just configure the
web container to register the Repository object to JNDI using some kind
of object factory.  The page
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/repository-server-howto.html is almost
perfect for me except that it's using RMI as an example but I want to
talk to a remote JCR via WebDAV.  In other words, JCR -> SPI -> WebDAV
-> JCR.

Shouldn't the URL be http://server:8080/jackrabbit-server/server?

I know there are some code examples under sandbox/spi (mostly test code)
that do what I want, but I'm trying to avoid doing any Jackrabbit
specific coding and just keep my code pure JSR170.  I'm surprised that
Jackrabbit provides a JCR WebDAV Server to allow remoting JSR170 calls
via WebDAV, but yet there is no client available.  In both
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-jcr-server.html and
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-web-application.html, a client
is mentioned, like

The client counterpart of this server is represented by the JCR to SPI
project in combination with the SPI to WebDAV SPI implementation that
can be found in the Jackrabbit sandbox.

and

For the corresponding JCR client see JCR to SPI and the SPI to WebDAV
contribution inside the Jackrabbit sandbox.

yet there is no such client to be downloaded in
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html

It would be nice if a RepositoryFactory similar to
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepositoryFactory for the RMI
case is provided so that using JCR->SPI->WebDAV->JCR is simply a matter
of configuration and not copying code.  Thanks again.

Ken