jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christian Stocker ...@chregu.tv>
Subject Short RMI Question
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:03:11 GMT
Hi

I'm trying to get into Jackrabbit and already fail and hope someone can
give me some hints. I'm trying to set up an RMI Server and use the code
from the section "Simple Standalone RMI Server / Client"

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ExamplesPage

My actual code looks like this

http://pastie.org/318554

The server starts correctly and if I run SecondHop.java for the first
time, that does the job, too. But if I run that a second time, I get an
Exception (see below). If I restart the rmiserver, it works again once.

I saw that others have similar problems, but I couldn't figure out how
to solve the problem, since the solution usually was "switch to rmi" and
I'm not very confident in the java world in general:)

Any help would be really appreciated

chregu

***
The Exception
***
Exception in thread "main" javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Directory was
previously created with a different LockFactory instance; please pass
null as the lockFactory instance and use setLockFactory to change it:
Directory was previously created with a different LockFactory instance;
please pass null as the lockFactory instance and use setLockFactory to
change it
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerObject.getRepositoryException(ServerObject.java:136)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerRepository.login(ServerRepository.java:107)
        at
        at
        at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:255)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:233)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerRepository_Stub.login(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.SafeClientRepository.remoteLogin(SafeClientRepository.java:105)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.SafeClientRepository.login(SafeClientRepository.java:120)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.SafeClientRepository.login(SafeClientRepository.java:131)
        at SecondHop.main(SecondHop.java:21)