jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Recommended Jackrabbit (and JCR) version
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:55:42 GMT
Hi Charles,

Charles Brooking wrote:
> I recall there was a comment made
> that Jackrabbit will continue to support XPath and that its support may in
> fact become more powerful by being built on top of the JQOM. Is this true?

jackrabbit will continue to support XPath as a query language and we will
selectively add features when there is a need for it.

here's what I wrote some time ago regarding JSR 283 query features in
jackrabbit: http://markmail.org/message/t6z57lr7ze63f3s5

(you might have to copy it into a text editor with a fixed size font to see it
properly)

XPath is currently still translated into an AQT, but as you can see we plan to
translate it into a JQOM in the future.

regards
 marcel