jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Charles Brooking <public+jackrab...@charlie.brooking.id.au>
Subject Re: accessing repository with webdav?
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:14:55 GMT
Kurz Wolfgang wrote:
> I wrote a little application that lets me store Articles and Documents
> in Jackrabbit.
> It works just fine but someone now told me that i could mount the
> Repository onto my filesystem via webdav tob e able to quickly exchange
> the documents.

Example using davfs:

# apt-get install davfs2
# mkdir /mnt/jackrabbit
# mount -t davfs \
http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit/repository/default /mnt/jackrabbit
Please enter the username to authenticate with server
http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit/repository/default or hit enter for none.
Username:
# find /mnt/jackrabbit/ -type f
/mnt/jackrabbit/com/apple/info/manuals/en/iphone_user_guide.pdf
/mnt/jackrabbit/com/wizards/www/d20/files/v35/Legal.rtf
/mnt/jackrabbit/edu/washington/alz/www/NONMEMBER/UDS/TRAINING/janene.ppt
/mnt/jackrabbit/org/sae/www/students/fsae2007results.xls

On Windows I believe you can map a network drive in a similar way.

> I have installed the Jackrabbit WebApplication and on that user
> interface it says soemthing about webdav and i can browse the repository
> there but i cant exchange the files or anything.
>
> Do i need a special webdav client?

Other clients are built-into normal file browsers like Nautilus, "My
Network Places" on Windows, etc. I have used the 'cadaver' command-line
program on Linux which provides an ftp-like interface. There's also
'goliath' for Mac (haven't used it). Possibly others?

Later
Charlie