jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: an alternative OCM (Object Content Mapping)
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:50:53 GMT
Fard,

 for a class to implement Serializable, all you have to do is add
"implements Serializable" like this:

public class Bla extends BlaBla implements Serializable {
}

You may need also to declare a final int with a 'magic number' (for
example the Eclipse IDE proposes you one which you can use, provided
your class won't change anymore) or -1 (if your class is still 'in
development', use this) to keep strict Java/IDEs happy.

If you cannot do this, because you don't have the source or cannot
compile class Bla yourself, you can always try the not so elegant
solution I've proposed to someone else not long ago of a wrapper class,
like this:

//JCROM Annotations go here
public class BlaWrapper implements Serializable {
    Bla bla;

    public BlaWrapper(Bla bla) {
       this.bla = bla;
    }

    public getBla() { return bla; }
}

and you use BlaWrapper with JCROM instead of Bla.

Good luck!

Fard escribió:
> Hi
>
> Yes. And when I map my class with @JcrSerializedProperty annotation mapped
> to java.lang.Object field
> during validation of the field I get an error that the field which is
> annotated as @JcrSerializedProperty does not implement java.io.Serializable
>
> Maurice Fard
>
> Hi Fard,
>
> have you tried the @JcrSerializedProperty JCROM annotation to map the