jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Node relationships?
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 16:01:34 GMT
Robert Campbell wrote:
> Thanks Julian; I've started reading JSR-283 and this Shareable Node is
> exactly what I need. I looked at the Jackrabbit roadmap, and support
> for JCR 2.0 is in the "medium term". Does anyone know what this means
> (generally)? Are we talking months or years?

Months, I guess.

Parts of the JSR-283 are already implemented in the trunk; in the
meantime, you can cast the JSR 170 Node to a JSR 283 Node, which
contains some of the new functionality -- that's what we used when we
implemented BIND support in the Jackrabbit WebDAV servlet.

> I'm in a bit of a tough spot because if I go forward with my
> multivalue Category UUID plan, I think that it will be hard to convert
> the CR to use Sharable Nodes in the future once there are thousands of
> nodes in there. On the flip side, using the DB option isn't really any
> better, and it's another entire system.

Can't help you with the release timing question. Maybe Jukka can give an
estimate when a stable JSR-283 compliant release (2.0?) will be finished.

BR, Julian