jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Some questions when large data sets exists
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:49:13 GMT

> from the top of my head:
> every node stores a list of child node entries (i.e. name/id pairs). the
> child node entries are filtered at runtime while iterating over child nodes,
> i.e. the id's are passed to the AccessManager to check the permissions
> *before* the child node is loaded. at least that's how it used to be.

currently that is removed, for i wanted to avoid the duplicate
permission check as it used to happen (first upon building the
id-iterator within ItemManager#getChild... and later on again
upon accessing the Item).

however, if this causes problems we may add the permission check again
within ItemManager#getChildNodes and ItemManager#getChildProperties.

regards
angela