jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: File search order by jcr:content properties
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 13:00:50 GMT
Jop Zinkweg - Initworks B.V. wrote:
> I meant the search query using /jcr:root/people/.... from what I've read
> so far this could cause some performance issues when dealing with a
> large number of nodes due to the added cost of computing the node path
> for each node.

path constraints are more expensive than constraints on a property. that is, if
you can narrow your search using a property value rather then by path then you
should do it by property.

jackrabbit currently filters the complete result set using the path constraint
to compute the size of the result. we might change this in the future and do it
on a lazy basis. that would improve the performance but at the same time you
loose the result size information. i.e. Node/RowIterator.getSize() would return -1.

View raw message