jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OCM Sample code error
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 12:20:04 GMT
On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 10:37, alarcher <antoinelarcher@gmail.com> wrote:

> Christophe,
>
> Ok ! It works fine with the 1.5-SNAPSHOT using maven (i'm new to maven).
> Thanks !
> I was using 1.4 without maven (I retrieved dependent libraries manually).
>
> However, now it works I'd like to use another Repository than the
> TrancientRepository.
> I encountered the exactly same error while changing this repository
> instance
> to : Repository repository = RepositoryImpl.create(config) (my config is at
> the end of this post).
>
> Do you know if it can be explained because I do not use the RepositoryUtil
> to get my instance ?

this error is not depending on the type of repository instance.
Are you still on 1.5-snapshot ?  I don't understand why you get this error
when you are changing only your repository config.

Can you make a try with org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.repository.RepositoryUtil
(in srt/test). it contains some methods to create and create a new session
for a local repo (non transcient).

> [...]
>

>                </FileSystem>
>        <!--
>            persistence manager of the workspace:
>            class: FQN of class implementing the PersistenceManager
> interface
>        -->
>        <PersistenceManager
>
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager">
>

>                </PersistenceManager>
>        <!--
>            Search index and the file system it uses.
>            class: FQN of class implementing the QueryHandler interface
>        -->
>        <SearchIndex
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">
>

>        </SearchIndex>
>    </Workspace>
>
>    <!--
>        Configures the versioning
>    -->
>    <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">
>        <!--
>            Configures the filesystem to use for versioning for the
> respective
>            persistence manager
>        -->
>        <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem">
>

>                </FileSystem>
>
>        <!--
>            Configures the persistence manager to be used for persisting
> version state.
>            Please note that the current versioning implementation is based
> on
>            a 'normal' persistence manager, but this could change in future
>            implementations.
>        -->
>        <PersistenceManager
>
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager">
>

>        </PersistenceManager>
>    </Versioning>
>
>    <!--
>        Search index for content that is shared repository wide
>        (/jcr:system tree, contains mainly versions)
>    -->
>    <SearchIndex
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">
>

>    </SearchIndex>
> </Repository>
>

> Christophe Lombart wrote:
> >
> > Antoine
> >
> > With an empty maven repo, the second tutorial works fine here. Can you
> > check
> > with maven ?
> > Wich OCM version are you using ? it should work only with 1.5-SNAPSHOT.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Christophe
> >

> > On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:03, alarcher <antoinelarcher@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> >> Christophe,
> >>
> >> Before me to install maven and so on, I noticed that the tutorial code
> >> you
> >> mention [1] is not the same as the one I mentionned [2] (the second uses
> >> @Collection annotation).
> >>
> >> The tutorial [1] works fine, whereas [2] throws the "java.lang.object"

null;