jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alessandro Bologna" <alessandro.bolo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: System View XML mapping and multivalued properties
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:51:55 GMT
Thanks Jukka,
I guess i have been a bit lazy not looking at the jira first ;)

Alex, yes, JSR-283 does not seem to address the issue at all (just like
170). Maybe, if there's somebody who happens to read this thread and is in
the committe, that person could propose to address it (hint hint)...

In the end, System View is the only way to guarantee data
migration/interoperability between different JCR implementations and it's
not a minor issue when the the contents are ambiguously serialized (and we
all dislike silos...)

In the meanwhile, with our JCR (JR of course) I think that the solution
presented by Stefan (using a rep: attribute on the sv:property, if I
understand him correclty) may be the way to go (just in case somebody is
validating the SV schema strictly, to add an attribute in a different
namespace may be less intrusive). It seems to be a minor change in the code.
Then once JR becomes 2.0 compliant, we could use sv:multivalued="true" or
something like that.

Thanks.
Alessandro