jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From seemamani <seemam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit clustering Questions
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 03:38:39 GMT

Stephane,

Would the repository home need to differ as well for the 2 instances on the
same WAS node (physical machine)? I'm asking because I saw this post
http://www.nabble.com/Clustering-and-.lock-file-td14179957.html#a14188068
Here Dominique has mentioned that "This sounds like having two repositories
using the same home
directory. The only thing that should be shared between two clustered
instances are: the location of the persistent storage and the journal. "
The repository home is configured to be a physical folder on the same
machine on which both server instances are running, hence the two instances
would typically share the same repository home and repository.xml. Do I need
to try and make the repository home also configurable based on server name?

Thanks,
Seema