jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From seemamani <seemam...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit clustering Questions
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:51:25 GMT

I'm using Drools 4.0.7 BRMS application which internally uses Jackrabbit 1.3.
The application is deployed in a WAS 6.1 cluster and the database is Oracle
9i. I have followed the instructions in the wiki page on Jackrabbit
clustering. My repository.xml is at the bottom of this post. I have the
following questions.

1. I'm getting the following exception, even though I tried clearing the db,
repository and then restarting the server.
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed to write bundle:
deadbeef-face-babe-cafe-babecafebabe: failed to write bundle:
deadbeef-face-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to insert index:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into
("ADESA_BRMS"."VERSION_PM_NAMES"."ID")

This link talks about a patch, can someone confirm if this was the fix and
in which release it has gone?
http://www.nabble.com/Using-oracle-bundle-PM-td10738707.html#a10738707

2. OracleDatabaseJournal class was not part of JackRabbit 1.3, so I used
DatabaseJournal, could that be a problem?

3. According to the clustering documentation, one should set the parameter
externalBLOBs to false in order to store BLOBs in the database as well.
However, I get an error saying that Oracle9PersistenceManager does not have
such a property. Looking at the code of the class, I feel that this property
is false by default. Then do I really need to set this to false?

4. According to the clustering documentation, the cluster id needs to be
unique on a node. In my case, I have 2 server instances running on each WAS
node which is a physical machine. That means the 2 server instances will
share the same repository.xml, and the cluster id would be the same for
them. How to handle this?

Thanks,
Seema

<Repository>
    <!--
        virtual file system where the repository stores global state
        (e.g. registered namespaces, custom node types, etc.)
    -->
    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

    </FileSystem>

    <!--
        security configuration
    -->
    <Security appName="Jackrabbit">
        <!--
            access manager:
            class: FQN of class implementing the AccessManager interface
        -->
        <AccessManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleAccessManager">
            <!--  -->
        </AccessManager>

        <LoginModule
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleLoginModule">
           <!-- anonymous user name ('anonymous' is the default value) -->

           <!--
              default user name to be used instead of the anonymous user
              when no login credentials are provided (unset by default)
           -->
           <!--  -->
        </LoginModule>
    </Security>

    <!--
        location of workspaces root directory and name of default workspace
    -->
    <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces"
defaultWorkspace="default"/>
    <!--
        workspace configuration template:
        used to create the initial workspace if there's no workspace yet
    -->
    <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
        <!--
            virtual file system of the workspace:
            class: FQN of class implementing the FileSystem interface
        -->
   <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

    </FileSystem>

	<PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.Oracle9PersistenceManager">

			<!--   -->
    </PersistenceManager>

        <!--
            Search index and the file system it uses.
            class: FQN of class implementing the QueryHandler interface
        -->
        <SearchIndex

        </SearchIndex>
    </Workspace>

    <!--
        Configures the versioning
    -->
    <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">
        <!--
            Configures the filesystem to use for versioning for the
respective
            persistence manager
        -->
       <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

        </FileSystem>

		<PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.Oracle9PersistenceManager">

  	    </PersistenceManager>
    </Versioning>

    <!--
        Search index for content that is shared repository wide
        (/jcr:system tree, contains mainly versions)
    -->
    <SearchIndex

    </SearchIndex>

	<Cluster id="node235">
		<Journal class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.journal.DatabaseJournal">

		</Journal>
	</Cluster>

</Repository>