jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From rokham <somebodyik...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuration element SecurityManager not found in Security
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 20:18:05 GMT

Hi,

I'm totally baffled by this error, since I didn't change the code and it
popped up all of a sudden:

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Invalid repository configuration:
repository.xml: Configuration element SecurityManager not found in
Security.: Configuration element SecurityManager not found in Security.

The error occurs when trying to create a new session.

I read here
http://www.nabble.com/OCM-5min-tutorial-build-error-td17077209.html that
under the Security element in repository.xml, we need to add a
SecurityManager element. That also seems to be what the error is suggesting.
This is where things get very confusing. I added the code suggested to the
repository.xml:

	    <SecurityManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.simple.SimpleSecurityManager"
workspaceName="security">
			<!--
			workspace access:
			class: FQN of class implementing the WorkspaceAccessManager interface
			-->
			<!-- <WorkspaceAccessManager class="..."/> -->
			<!--  -->
		</SecurityManager>

but now the SAX parser complains that it doesn't know the SecurityManager
element:
423 [main] WARN org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationErrorHandler
- Warning parsing the configuration at line 36 using system id
file:/Users/cfislotta/encore/eclipse/workspace/roolo-mock/repository.xml:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "SecurityManager" must be
declared.
424 [main] WARN org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationErrorHandler
- Warning parsing the configuration at line 61 using system id
file:/Users/cfislotta/encore/eclipse/workspace/roolo-mock/repository.xml:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "Security" must
match "(AccessManager,LoginModule?)".
495 [main] INFO org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl - Starting
repository...
537 [main] INFO org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem -
LocalFileSystem initialized at path repository/repository
543 [main] INFO org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl - Shutting down
repository...
547 [main] INFO org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl - Repository has
been shutdown

...and the *program* terminates (not just the repository or session)

Thank you
Rokham