jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fard <maurice.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Annotating a java.io.File type field in OCM
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:52:23 GMT

Hi Christophe,

Thank you for replay. I have another problem that I could not solve it. One
of my field has java.lang.Object type and I would like to map it. I
downloaded second tutorial code sample "How to map associations between
objects" and I added one field to Author class as Object type and I used
Bean Converter for it

	@Bean private Object value;
                 { setter and getter }

In the startTutorial method of Main class I added

	String value = new String("This is a value for Object.");
	pressRelease.getAuthor().setValue(value);

As you Know Author class is a field of PressRelease class that has the Bean
Converter.

I got the below error. I hope there is a solution for this problem. Thanks
for any help.

Regards
Maurice

Start the tutorial ...
Insert a press release in the repository
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.exception.RepositoryException: null; nested
exception is
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.exception.IncorrectPersistentClassException: Class
of type: java.lang.String has no descriptor.
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.exception.IncorrectPersistentClassException: Class
of type: java.lang.String has no descriptor.
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.mapper.impl.AbstractMapperImpl.getClassDescriptorByClass(AbstractMapperImpl.java:203)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.ObjectConverterImpl.insertBeanFields(ObjectConverterImpl.java:810)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.ObjectConverterImpl.insert(ObjectConverterImpl.java:224)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.beanconverter.impl.DefaultBeanConverterImpl.insert(DefaultBeanConverterImpl.java:53)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.ObjectConverterImpl.insertBeanFields(ObjectConverterImpl.java:810)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.ObjectConverterImpl.insert(ObjectConverterImpl.java:224)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.ObjectConverterImpl.insert(ObjectConverterImpl.java:153)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.impl.ObjectContentManagerImpl.insert(ObjectContentManagerImpl.java:406)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.Main.startTutorial(Main.java:60)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.Main.main(Main.java:134)