jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From lujie <lj...@126.com>
Subject Re: Some questions when large data sets exists
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 01:23:10 GMT

Hi,
   Thanks for your reply.
   So in my opinion , the access manager problem is finally in an
application-level . You can implement your own access policy, such as
database. I think Ivon is right, xpath query or filtering of nodes can be
optimistic.
   As stefan mentioned,  jackrabbit does resolve a node path by traversing
the path and accessing every intermediary node along the path. I alse
observed that when accessing node or property,even if using XPATH,the node
must be loaded.So you must use JR in an traverse way.
   If i want to  access the n-th descendant of a given node without
accessing the n-1 intermediary nodes, then i must implement it myself. Maybe
this is application-related. An external database would help it. That is,
When a node with n-th descendant nodes is saved, the last child node's some
propertis are saved also in the external database. Then you can access the
parent parent node with it's child child node's properties in a relational
database.
   --lujie