jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From lujie <lj...@126.com>
Subject Re: Some questions when large data sets exists
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 00:36:47 GMT

Hi,
   Maybe this question is somewhat stupid.
   But for business usage, the situation is very common. In jsr 283, the acl
control is  an option choice, but in  jackrabbit the acl control is finally
guarded by the accessManager.  So, it is a must to use jackrabbit's
accessmanager?
   But jackrabbit lacks the "view" to list child nodes and some properties
for a given node in an efficient way. we must iterate the node, and for
access check, if we load a node and find that this node is denied by the
accessmanager, the work is just a waste.
   So,my oponion is , jackrabbit lacks the ability to list child nodes and
properties for a given node in an efficient way.
   any suggestions?
   --lujie