jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From lujie <lj...@126.com>
Subject Some questions when large data sets exists
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2008 11:15:47 GMT

Hi,
   We are using jackrabbit 1.4.1 at present.
   the content repository may look like this:
   /root
      /product
          /component
              /unit
                  /type
   There are millions of nodes in this structure with detailed acl control
such as user, group and role.
   As we can see, exploring the structure or searching it will finially
cause performance problem, because every node should be checked againt the
AccessManager.
   We notice that some experienced jackrabbit user suggested loading acl
infomations at  startup,but because the amount of the nodes ,it is
impossible to do like this.
   So we have to put the acls into another database. When user explores this
product directory, we can search in the acl database for actual nodes id or
path.
   Is this way reasonable?
   --lujie