jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Aleksei Lukin <lu...@stu.cn.ua>
Subject Re: an alternative OCM (Object Content Mapping)
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:27:57 GMT
On Tuesday 11 November 2008 12:29:46 Boni Gopalan (BioImagene) wrote:
> OCM supports annotations and XML mappings.  And it supports custom
> converters for simple types, Beans and collections.  The only disagreement
> I have with the design is the need to carry 'path' as part of the bean that
> I want to persist.
[skip]

> Thanks
> boni

Well, my 2c  about things I do not like in current OCM.

1. ocm_discriminator node type registration at startup and other messy stuff.  I could be
hidden in some hard-coded static function lile ocmInit().
2. path as primary key. I discussed it a lot with author and we are both wih our own opinion
:) I use path in base class just to satisfy ocm, but for real key I use uuid. It is
fast and it allows to keep reference consistance.
3. class registration in annotation mapper. I think global mpper cold handle this and @Node
annoation may put registration code into. I'm constatntly forgetting to add class
there :) I can think of few mappers to speedup things but it is rare case.

Thing I miss is Map. But I guess it is under development now.
May be it's time to think on some improvemnent of smart mapping.

Rest of annotation based stuff I like, I use, I'm happy with and thank you, Christophe! :)
--
SY, Alex Lukin
RIPE NIC HDL: LEXA1-RIPE