jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Moritz Rebbert <moritz.rebb...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit on JBoss: Login outside of Transaction
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 17:57:27 GMT
Hi again,

after a bit of research i found another argument why my issue could be important.
The Sample Code for User Manager Transaction in the jsr170 specification[0] do
not work in the expected way. But it also possible that I did not get the point.

Is it right, that the underlying XAResource will be only enlisted to the
Transaction, when the Repository.login() Methode is called between
utx.begin() and utx.commit()?

[0] jsr-170-1.0.pdf from http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170 page 227

// Get user transaction (for example, through JNDI)
UserTransaction utx = ...
// Get a node
Node n = ...
// Start a user transaction
// Do some work

// Do some more work
n.setProperty("myapp:author", "Charles Dickens")
// Commit the user transaction

View raw message