jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Moritz Rebbert <moritz.rebb...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit on JBoss: Login outside of Transaction
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 17:57:27 GMT
Hi again,

after a bit of research i found another argument why my issue could be important.
The Sample Code for User Manager Transaction in the jsr170 specification[0] do
not work in the expected way. But it also possible that I did not get the point.

Is it right, that the underlying XAResource will be only enlisted to the
Transaction, when the Repository.login() Methode is called between
utx.begin() and utx.commit()?

Regards
Moritz

[0] jsr-170-1.0.pdf from http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170 page 227

"
// Get user transaction (for example, through JNDI)
UserTransaction utx = ...

// Get a node
Node n = ...

// Start a user transaction
utx.begin();

// Do some work
n.setProperty(n.save();

// Do some more work
n.setProperty("myapp:author", "Charles Dickens")
n.save();

// Commit the user transaction
utx.commit();
"