jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jacco van Weert" <1111softw...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit's memory use
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 09:21:33 GMT

For some time I am trying to master to memory use of Jackrabbit.

I am using Jackrabbit in a webserver application (JeCARS).

When started and accessing nodes there are a couple of megabytes in use,
regardless of the size of the repository itself.
At a certain time I run the "JeCARS internal" garbage collector to remove
expired JCR nodes and also run the Datastore GC.
After it is finished, the memory in use is dramatically higher.... this
because the Datastore checks every node in the repository, but it doesn't
falls back (cache?)

My question, is there a way to "clear the cache" to reclaim the memory?
Were is memory cached?.... session logout doesn't seem to help.

Jacco van Weert -- 1111software@gmail.com
JCR Controller -- http://www.xs4all.nl/~weertj/jcr
JeCARS -- http://jecars.sourceforge.net