jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Mondlock" <peter.mondl...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving jackrabbit tables from one DB to another causes NoSuchItemStateException
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 15:19:22 GMT
Hi everyone,

I just finished integrating Jackrabbit 1.4 into our webapp system,
using MSSQL Server as the PersistenceDB. The company wants to move to
a different database setup. I'm testing the new deployment and I'm
encountering quite a snag.

I figured moving data from the old DB to the new one would be as
simple as copying the tables/data across and Jackrabbit would "find"
the data and reindex it. It connects fine and seems to be ok until it
throws a NoSuchItemStateException.

The errors at the top of the stack trace contain two "failed to read
bundle: 11de7c7b-5cb0-4c8a-9805-29c0a09bc118:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: URIIndex not valid?
javax.jcr.NamespaceException: URI for index 11 not registered." Then
it tells me that the root node has a missing child.

So I turned on consistency check/fix and they produce a bunch of:
"Error in bundle" with the same "URI for index 11 not registered"
message as above. I'm guessing one for every bundle in the table, from
the looks of it. It doesn't seem to want to fix the consistency
errors, to my dismay.

So it appears that just migrating the data isn't the way to do this
and I've been googling for 2 days trying to figure out what I should
be doing to make this work to no avail. Any and all advice is greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter