jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: One interface, two separate repositories, based on content type
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:43:46 GMT
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Martin777 <martin.varga@ami.cz> wrote:
> There's a CMS on one server. People can upload images and videos to the CMS.
> To reduce the load on the CMS server, the video data should be stored and
> accessible through another webserver and only linked to the CMS.

Well, that actually sounds like premature optimization to me (sorry
for saying that ;-)). You should try and build the CMS with Jackrabbit
having one server (ie. one JCR interface/server) in mind. Uploading
and directly storing files is fast (the aforementioned datastore is
the optimization for that use-case). If that does not scale, you could
simply replicate the CMS - maybe one with a reduced feature-set just
for storing video, but still have a full Jackrabbit underneath each
server.

Regards,
Alex

--