jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Please an exemple of registerNodeType
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:36:08 GMT
On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Hervé Agnoux
<herve.agnoux@diaam-informatique.com> wrote:
> I don't understand : I don't see exemples with
> NodeTypeManagerImpl.registerNodeType(NodeTypeDefinition ntd, boolean
> allowUpdate) in theses pages.

I was pointing to the normal way of registering node types via cnd or
xml files, as this was also asked for in another thread. Sorry if this
did not answer your question in particular.

> I'm intersting by all the org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.jsr283 because I
> can (my impression) build a type of node without node type notation file.

Not sure about the current state of jsr283 node type registration in
Jackrabbit trunk. Many things are preliminary at the moment. Could
anybody comment on that?

> I'm interesting with this form of registerNodeType, because of it's with a
> NodeTypeDefinition (no node type notation file, I suppose), and the update
> functionality.

Yes, the missing node type update (in Jackrabbit) or the missing
primary node type change (in JCR 1.0) sometimes is a bit nasty. That's
one of the advantages of using nt:unstructured ;-) AFAIK node type
updates are generally only possible if they don't conflict with
existing nodes in the repository that use this node type. So you can
only do incremental changes, eg. add property definitions, but not
remove them if at one or more nodes have such a property. That is
especially a problem with mandatory properties.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek