jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: gatting started with jackrabbit
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2008 14:16:14 GMT
Hi,

JCR allows you to store everything in a tree structure, with normal
files and folders stored as nodes of the type nt:file and nt:folder.
Along that, you can store more fine-granular content in nodes and
properties, including complete unstructured content, ie. without
defining node types up front.

There are some tutorials on the web (for a link list about all things
JCR see the Jackrabbit wiki [1]). As always, I really recommend to get
and read the JCR 1.0 specification (JSR-170), it is currently the one
(and only) reference documentation [1]. After you got the basics and
start to think about your specific content model, you should also read
David's guide to content modelling [2].

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrLinks
[2] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170
[3] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel