jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Determine if Node has been deleted
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:10:46 GMT
On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:
>> That's what the new type WEAKREFERENCE in JCR 2.0 is for. Citing
>> section 3.7.3 of the public review of JSR-283 [1]:
>
> Very good!
>
> This isn't available in jackrabbit trunk, is it?

No, as the imported javax.jcr interfaces (and java.jcr.PropertyType is
crucial here) still need to be the 1.0 ones.

Not sure about the implementation plans, but this probably won't be in
Jackrabbit before the 2.0 release (which AFAIK will be the
full-JCR-2.0 implementing version). I guess things like JSR-283 access
control were tackled in advance because they are quite separated from
the core API and fit easily into the existing Jackrabbit
implementation.

Regards,
Alex

--