jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Determine if Node has been deleted
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 07:47:58 GMT
And in most cases I personally still prefer what I call "soft
references", ie. String properties with the path to the target node.
This still requires the application to handle the reference, but it
gives a much-more human-readable value, as a path in a well-defined
content model is much more understandable than a UUID.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 12:58 AM, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:
>> Maybe a revision to the JCR standard might at some point adopt some
>> convenience methods to make soft references a bit more transparent, doing
>> the lookup implicit, throwing an exception if the node no longer exist?
> That's what the new type WEAKREFERENCE in JCR 2.0 is for. Citing
> section 3.7.3 of the public review of JSR-283 [1]:
> A WEAKREFERENCE property is identical to a REFERENCE property
> except that it does not enforce referential integrity. A call to
> Property.getNode on a WEAKREFERENCE will throw an
> ItemNotFoundException if no node exists in the same workspace
> with the specified referenceable identifier.
> [1]: http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=283
> Regards,
> Alex
> --