jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Micah Whitacre" <mkwhita...@gmail.com>
Subject Clarification on Node refresh
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:10:13 GMT
Hey All,
  I'm trying to get a better understanding on what exactly it means to
refresh[1].  The javadoc states that "returns all items to reflect the
current saved state. Outside a transaction this state is simple the
current state of persistent storage."  In my particular case the
workspace, version manager, and PM all point to a database.  So I'm
assuming the persistent storage is the database.  I couldn't find a
definition of persistent storage in the specification.

So what I need clarified is should refresh insure the node and its
children are up to date with changes in the database or only up to
date with changes in the repository instance?  In my testing I've
noticed it has only been for changes in the repository instance.  Is
this the correct behavior and my interpretation of "persistent
storage" incorrect?  Or does refresh need to pull changes by other
clustered nodes?

Thanks for your help,
Micah

[1] - http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-1.0/javax/jcr/Item.html#refresh(boolean)